Monday, May 6, 2013

Starlooks April Starbox


STARLOOKS is a monthly subscription box filled with 3-4 FULL SIZED pieces of STARLOOKS BRAND MAKEUP (plus some fun, little extras). Each month will include a different mix of product types including colors, styles, and formulas.

I was thrilled to receive the April Starbox pictured. I did not expect to receive full sized pieces at all. I previously received a monthly beauty subscription box as a gift and the products were always sample sizes. I was even more excited with the color and product selection. April's box consisted of "neutrals" - colors and products for all skin tones.



Mineralized Loose Powder 
with SPF in Translucent White
 


This talc free powder contains mica, a nourishing jojoba oil, and hydrating silica to create a virtually weightless powder. You can wear it by itself, over liquid foundation, or as a finishing powder. I applied the powder over my foundation since it didn't have any color tone. It took away the shine on my skin and didn't feel caked on like many powders do. It's packaged in a durable, mess-free sifter top container with a fluff puff for easy application and retails for $19. It's totally worth the price!
  Lash Boost Mascara Base


This is a new product not even listed on their website yet. The purpose behind this product is to provide a clump-free base for your mascara while conditioning and smoothing your eyelashes. I must admit I knew such a product existed, but am very impressed with the results. My lashes are very thin and I normally have to apply several coats to see the results I want. My eyes are very sensitive and extra coats irritate my eyes from the mascara flaking. I did not have this problem at all when I applied the Lash Boost before the mascara. My lashes also looked fuller after only one coat. This product is not listed on the website yet, but will retail for $15 when available.

Basic Tendergloss Lipstick

                                       



I try to stay away from frosted lipsticks and was hesitant to try this. Looks can be deceiving and they were. Once applied, it has a sheer look with just enough shine. I loved it. The bonus is the moisturizing effect. I wore it throughout my work day and it never dried out. I am definitely going to purchase these lipsticks. These retail for $11. 


In this month's box I received as a bonus, a Starlooks exclusive, mint and aloe vera lip balm with SPF 15. I use these all summer long. The mint smell is great! This retails for $5 .





I absolutely love these products and will be trying more. 

If you want to try these fantastic makeup products I reviewed or take a look at what else there is to offer, why not sign up for your own own Starbox Here

Receive $50 worth of product delivered to your door for only $15!

You can also connect with Starlooks on Facebook  and Youtube.




Disclosure: I received the above product for free in order to facilitate an honest review. No other compensation was received.  My opinions are my own and may different from yours. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm wanting to try the lash boost! mascara base! Can't wait till its out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! Everything looks great! I really love that Tender gloss lipstick! Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great box this month! I could sure use the lash booster!

    ReplyDelete

 photo mice91copy_zpsd0fc8801.png